Guidelines for Nomination
SNAIL OF APPROVAL
Nomination and Approval Process for 2020
- Nomination forms for 2020 should be submitted NOW to the Slow Food Noosa Committee via this online application process.
- The committee will consider the nominations (inc an onsite visit).
- Recipients will be announced at a Slow Food Noosa event and on our social media and website platforms.
- Businesses must be Slow Food Members to be awarded this recognition.
- This recognition is subject to periodic review.
The Snail of Approval is a recognition program for food producers, artisans, retail outlets, restaurants and cafes that demonstrate a philosophy of adopting earth friendly practices. These might include reduction in the use of chemicals, use of local and low food mile ingredients, preserving vanishing animal breeds and plant varieties, animal friendly practices, support of small producers, striving to create food that is Good, Clean and Fair.
Importantly the Snail of Approval award recognises effort and intent, and should not be seen as an accreditation for any of these areas.
The Snail of Approval program recognises that adoption of these practices fall on a continuum and is not a recognition of perfection. It is envisaged that once in the Snail of Approval program, businesses will find opportunities for improvement towards Good, Clean and Fair food for all.